Wednesday, May 15, 2013

2k to 10k, by Rachel Aaron.

"Writing, mostly, isn't a matter of the muse deciding to swoop down and bless a session. At least it's not been that way since the poets and playwrights stopped hanging out in opium dens and fraternizing with La Fee Verte." (read more)

I love this quote, and it's a really good reason for you to all pick up a copy of Rachel Aaron's 2k to 10k right now.

2kto10k
A few months ago, I wrote a post that included a quick nod of awesome in Rachel Aaron's direction for a wonderfully written essay on How I Went From Writing 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day.

The author of that essay has built on that subject in an ebook, named simply 2k to 10k which I am about 35% through and have been 35% through for at least a couple of months because I'm still managing to write several thousand words a day just based on the tips I have picked up from that much of the book. When I have run out of ideas, I'll go back to this book but, for now, having started with just that much is working fine for me.

Rachel's book has gotten about as much applause as is possible for a how-to book, which is not surprising considering how popular her individual essays on writing have been in her personal blog. Still, 2k to 10k is definitely a valuable resource for any writer, new or old. Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment